Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lost years part 2

Just forget about spelling and grammer and just go with it okay? Also let me just say this isn't in Rafel's perspective. Any ways happy new years/Christmas/hannaka/insert holiday here/box day.

Chapter 3 Kings and Queens
We set off that mourning on our horses. We travled out of the town the villigars went about there life. It was funny they had no idea that if we failed there lives might all be ended in a single second. They had no idea what we where about to do. There was some talk of the orcs attacking a man or to but mostly the talk was on a up comeing fair. We entred the farm land and saw road through the crops of weat and corn. Borrow was in the front I was behind her Alegred was behind me then Sedrick then Mitos and finally Elacron. Alegred began to sing as we trodded along a tune about giant wemon who where summoned by a wizard. Like most drawfish tunes it was dirty and I dare not repeat it. After a short ways we entred the eastern forest it was safe to travel in the day but at night it was where the monsters roamed. We passesed several merchants whe whould say a passing word or two and move on. As we entred a darker part of the forest Alegred and Elacron bursted into another song of a jolly seaman killing a water dragon with only a cannon ball. There singing echoed through the forest and I was nervous that we might attract unwanted attention. But nothing came to pass we we made it out fine. The woods slowly led way to hills the hills of Manic Manson. “Why do they call it Manic Manson” I asked Alegred. The drawf eyes darkned and his voice was cold “A man named Manson a long time ago killed thousands and let there bodies rot they say the hills where made of there dead bodies”. “Really” I asked. “No not really stupid boy, They call it that because a general Manson lead a battle here his title was Manic so Manic Mansons Hill” he laughed slapping me on the back. The hills got steeper and soon whe where in the mountains.
As we troded along Borrow said “We don’t have time for this we need to go through the mountains”. “What child are you serious the mountains are crawling with orcs and far worse things” the Alegred said as he rode. “Look we can go around the mountain or we could go through the pass in the mountains. The pass takes only a day while going around will take us 3” She said. “She’s right we don’t have much time if we want to hit them before they become to powerfull” I said. We had been rideing for hours Me, Alegred, Borrow, Mitos, Sirthik and Elacron. However the pass loomed before us and the sooner we got through it the better. We spured our horses as they dashed towards it.
The pass was a narrow streach of patchy rock held up only by the fear of falling down the abyss. On your left was the abyss the sloop was steap and if you made a misstep you’d wind up plummeting down it. On the right was a beautiful stone wall. It was about as tall as a person but on a horse you could see that it was flat for a good distant then it crawled back up the mountain.
The air was thin and a dense fog was comeing in. Borrow was up front speading along of us. Her silver hair matched her white stead named Zoe. Borrows cloack flapped in the wind and what might have been a smile crossed her face. Then I heared a twang and saw a dark rod peirce into Zoe’s side sending the horse rearing. Borrow jumped off the horse as the rock it was on broke to pieces and Zoe tumbled into the abyss. Its cry was heared for a long time slowly growing faiter till we heared a soft thud. Borrow landed on my horse I was behind her in the line. Her soft supple leather touched my hand and she griped onto me. I heared Elacroon yell “ORCS THERE SNIPEING US” as arrows began to pelt us from the other side of the vally. Alegred yelled “A AMBUSH WHERE SITTING DUCKS” with that he spured his horse as fast as he could. Elacron quickly shot out a bolt of dark energy. It looked like a dark arrow that sped through the air and hit one of the orcs. They where so far away they looked like little green specs though those little green specs where trying to kill us. There was ten in all well counting the one that was now gone due to Elacrons dark bolt.
I felt Borrow press into me and I quickly ran through my head all the spells I knew. Yes that will do I thought. I shouted out a old magic tounge it translated to burn the land boil the sea. I pointed a hand at the wall of rocks where the orcs where and a huge bolt of energy shot out and slammed into the rock. There was a giant boom and a huge section of the rock face plumted crashing into several orcs. There where only four left but we had no way of takeing them out. I could only use that kind of spell once a day.
We had to get out of this pass but there was no turning we had to run and fast. Our horses ran faster than they had ever before but the arrows rained down. Most of the time we whern’t hit but Elacron’s horse was shot in the leg. It flinched and fell down. Elacron was in the back and Mitos looked back. The horse was struggling and it was about to fall down the abyss. Elacron tried to get the horse stable but it was no use the horse was going to fall. Mitos jumped off his horse and ran over to Elacron. He lifted up the horse with one hand and carried it shielding Elacron from the arrows. Mitos was shot in the arm he howled in pain but kept running. They where falling behind and Mitos was now starting to look like a pin coushin. The horse was now raining blood onto the two of them Elacron then shouted “ITS DEAD MITOS leave it”. With that Mitos looked at the horse and chucked it at the orcs. The beast flew through the air like a rag doll slaming into a orc. Mitos then started to charge grabing Elacron and running straight at us. He was gaing and the end was in sight but we relized Mitos was not going to stop he was going to ram us if we didn’t hurry.
I said “Borrow hold on”. She nodded wincing in pain. I spured the horse it bolted bursting out of the path in a giant tumble. I forgot the pass ended in a giant hill that rolled down the mountain. We began to tumble bumping into each other and the horse. Sedrick and Alegred where able to ride down. Mitos and Elacron bursted out full charge and fell down the hill Mitos wraping Elacron in his big hariy arms.
We hit the bottom of the hill with a thud the horse struggled to get up. I jumped off and helped it up Barrow then said “WILLIM WE NEED TO GO” I looked up the hill and saw Mitos tumbling towards us. The horse dashed forwards while I tackled Borrow towards the ground. She looked at me her silver eyes shiny “You saved me”. “Only from a giant teddy bear” I said getting up shakeing off more than just dirt. Mitos hit the ground as the other two came down on there horses. Sedrick came up to Mitos “You did good here let me heal your wounds” he streached out his hands and a energy came out that entred the arrow wounds and pushed out the arrow and made them close up. “Sorry about your Zoe Borrow” I said. “Don’t worry she lived a good life” she said I saw the sadness but I also saw something else. Elacron was released from Mito’s death grip and he gasped saying “That was the worst thing I’ve ever done” he passesed out falling into a unconscious sleep at the feet of Mitos. “Well guys lets set up camp a few ways down from here common lets get moveing unless you want to set up camp at night” Alegred said beging to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment