Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dragon of the Dinner Table

This is a story I wrote for my Language arts class enjoy.


Dragon of the Dinner Table

The sun slowly died on the horizon. It gasped for breath as it diapered on the horizon. The moon took the suns place showering only enough light to see in front of you. The shadowy trees absorb the moon light breathing it in from the suns harsh light. The glowing eyes of hunters in the dark stalked the prey that walked in the night. There was a roar that echoed down into even the darkest cave. The stalking eyes vanished all that was left was the sound of there whimpers.

The beast that made the roar stood slowly up on its beefy legs. Its aged face slowly turned to the only figure left in the forest. The creature sniffed the air in front of the shaded figure. The figure slowly drew its sword.

I looked at the monster I drew my sword and clutched my shield. I saw the creatures eyes grow wide it under stood I was here to kill it. It smashed one if its meaty paws into my shield. I tossed the now piece of metal scrap on the ground. My weapon looked like a toothpick compared to the creature as it stood up on its hind legs. The creature drew its breath. I ran. I spotted a boulder covered in moss. I leaped over to it, ducking behind it. The creature let lose its breath. It was no longer air it was a flame. I shielded my eyes from the flame as it scorched the ground. I laughed at its feeble attempt to stop me. I peered over top of the boulder. The creature….it wasn’t there. It felt like a truck had parked one of its wheels on top of my chest. The claws that grasped me like a starving man grasp food looked like black crags. The ground slowly fell away from me. The beast drew me up to its snout. It sniffed my body. Its slimy tongue that looked like a worm licked my face. It was wet and rough and cold. I wiggled my sword free and sliced it. The tongue bleed black tar that sprayed every where including my face. The blood got inside my mouth. It was awful worse than anything I ever had tasted. I couldn’t stand it my body emptied everything in my stomach and anything that wouldn’t kill me not to have. The beast roared in pain. The dragon had a bit of a spraying problem its breath also smelled like dead animal. Its black crags released its grip on me. The ground that was so far away was coming at me fast. I plunged my sword into the dragon’s chest. I was sliding down its body. Guts and gore flew every where as I slowed my fall. I looked up and saw the wound opening and once again my body searched for a way to rid its shelf of impurities. There was nothing left for me to heave up so I just heaved all the acids in my stomach. The dragon roared stomping its feet. I feel on the ground panting. Blood rained down on to me. I stood up the creature tried to breathe its flames again but it was badly wounded. It giant chest expanded and drained of air. No flames came out only blood. Its predator eyes raged in anger as it fell to its knees. It slumped in a bloody mess on the ground.

I slowly made my way out of the woods. I had heard the call of the queen to come to the castle because the feast was ready. I slowly sat in my throne and told the queen and king and the other knights of the round table of my adventure of slaying the dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment